Greetings:

I accidently dropped (my thunderous stupidity!!!) our mysql
database. There were a few usernames and other databases.

I expected hell to break loose (it may still happen!), but
strangely enough, I noticed that I was still able to login,
probably because mysql server caches usernames, passwords, etc ??

I quickly backed up the remaining databases using mysqldump.

I did a make install to update the database and everything still
seems ok.

Now, anyone know if there is any way to create or repair my existing
mysql database with the information that is currently cached in
the server ?

For example, if I do "show databases", I see all the databases that
should exist, but when I do a "select * from mysql.db", I only see
the "test" database!.

Any ideas will be gratefully appreciated and accepted !!!!!!!!!

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/