"Thiago Vinhas de Moraes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can anyone help me with a probably simple issue?
>
> All I need to be happy forever is to the inverse of the following:
>
> insert into user (host, user, password) values ("localhost", "tvinhas",
> password("phl1nao8"));
>
> and
>
> insert into db (host, db, user, Select_priv, Insert_priv, Update_priv,
> Delete_priv, Create_priv, Drop_priv, Grant_priv, References_priv,
Index_priv,
> Alter_priv) values
> ("%","tvinhasdb","tvinhas","Y","Y","Y","Y","Y","Y","Y","Y","Y","Y");
>
> I tried several sintaxes but none worked.

It would be helpful if you posted what you tried.  Perhaps try:

DELETE FROM user
WHERE users = "tvinhas"
     AND host = "localhost";

// Something similar for db table.

FLUSH PRIVILEGES; // to reload the latest versions of the privilege tables.

--
Steve Werby
President, Befriend Internet Services LLC