I frequently get a error 127 on merged tables.  The query is a join of two
merged table with each merge table have 4 base tables.   If I flush tables
the query works.   I notice that when have about 190 tables in memory this
situation is more likely to happen.   I am using 3.23.32.

Using 3.32.35, I got 'no rows' response instead of error 127.  Again the
flush table allow the query to run.  I knew data shoud have been return
because I query the base table and got a positive response.

I noticed some discussion on this over the past couple weeks but no one
mentioned the flush table impact.

I tried to increase the number of files allowed, but this problem is not
too predictable.   Guess I could try and break it with large number of
queries, but I have not.

Is there any problems with issueing a flush table every x hours ... minutes
to avoid this problem?

When are tables flushed by mysql?

Dave Clark