Hi,

My problem is specifically concerning syntax for mysqldump.
I can successfully execute the following SQL commands from within MYSQL:

mysql> USE cDatabase
mysql> SELECT * INTO OUTFILE "/root/cTable-data.dump"
  -> FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"'
  -> FROM cTable WHERE myfield='1';

Query OK, 3693 rows affected (0.12 sec)

mysql>

This works fine and creates my dump file where it's supposed to.
(of course, if the file already exists, it will give an error and not run)

my problem is I need a way to do the above from OUTSIDE of mysql
so i have been trying for days to find out what the exact syntax is for using
mysqldump and have not been successful.

mysqldump -T --fields-terminated-by=',' --fields-enclosed-by='"' -u root -p cDatabase
cTable > cTable-data.dump

The error I get is:  mysqldump: Can't create/write to file
'--fields-terminated-by=,/main.sql' (Errcode: 2)

Basically, I have to get the data out of our mysql database and into Foxpro on a w32
machine.
The fields must be enclosed in quotation marks "  and terminated by a comma ,  so
they'll be imported correctly.

Please help!!
Jim