I get the error "ld.so.1: ./mysql: fatal: libncurses.so.5: open failed: No such file
or directory" when trying to run MySQL for the first time after installation and on
all attempts since.

I've install this under SunOS 5.8.

There may or may not be related configuration error messages. In either case, where
are the
possible location for these header files? select.h is in /usr/include/sys but I still
get the error regardless
the that path has been added to my list of path's in my profile. And what does that
first error mean? What library could be missing? It makes no sense to me. Thanks for
any and all help, it is appreciated.

Here's an exerp:

configure:3889: checking for opendir in -ldir
configure:3908: gcc -o conftest -O6    conftest.c -ldir   1>&5
ld: fatal: library -ldir: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 3897 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
     builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char opendir();
int main() {
opendir()
; return 0; }

configure:4127: checking for select.h
configure:4137: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:4133: select.h: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 4132 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <select.h>

configure:4127: checking for sys/vadvise.h
configure:4137: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:4133: sys/vadvise.h: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 4132 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <sys/vadvise.h>