On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Gerald Clark wrote:

> Another thought.
> These are isam tables, not myisam tables.
> Unless the two machines are the same hardware type and operating system,
> you
> can't just copy the files over. Use msqldump.

Actually I was under the impression that the way the files were stored, they were
archtecture independent and you can infact copy them from anywhere to just about
anywhere :-/ (correct if wrong). So h/w architecture and OS should not matter (do
they?)

.ISM is for ISAM index files, which is the old format. The MyISAM files which is the
new format, have a .MYI ending.
host.ISM is the ISAM version of the index file of the 'host' table of the 'mysql'
database, which is used for user authorization (too many 'of's in a sentence 8-).
Actually it should be looking for host.MYI
What version was the last one and what is the new you moved to?

regards,
thalis