When doing a backup of tables using BACKUP TABLE blabla TO '/tmp';
the permissions are RW for root (both user and group).

But since I only have 'root' access to the mysql-server and not the machine its
running on I cant really use the backup to anything.
I was going to make a script that could automaticly update our development server's
database,
but do I really have to become root to change the permissions of the backupfiles?

I realize that there might be a security concern here, but is it possible to give
BACKUP TABLE
an extra parametre in the future to support custom permissions?

Dennis Haney

Please crosspost to [EMAIL PROTECTED], since I dont subscribe to the list. (I get to
much mail as it is).