On Saturday 07 April 2001 13:19, Nemholt, Jesper Frank wrote:
> [...]

Was the error coming from mysqladmin or from mysqld itself? In any case, if
this even happens with the non-replication code, it looks like there could be
some problem with int4store() and int8store() macros. We would have to see
which line the crash happens on, though.

> > Any
> > chance you could run the slave in a debugger and find the
> > line where this
> > happens?
> >

> I'll try debugging next week.
> I'll debug the Compaq CC/C++ compiled version, since this is the one I hope
> to get working (it generally produces faster & smaller binaries on Tru64
> than GCC).
>
> One thing btw. for the MySQL INSTALL-SOURCE Tru64 documentation : Might be a
> good idea to add that in order to compile recent MySQL versions (> 3.22.x)
> one has to upgrade the make utility. The one present by default on all Tru64
> versions until 5.1 is not able to make MySQL. I haven't checked if the one
> present on 5.1 or 5.1A is better.

We recommend that you use gmake to build MySQL. Others may or may not work.
I've just realized that we do not seem to have this recommendation in the
manual, at least I cannot find it - will be fixed shortly.

--
MySQL Development Team