Hi there...
I had installed mySQL about two weeks ago, then installed php and apache.
All was working fine until I STUPIDLY deleted the mysql data table in 'var'
a couple of days ago. I thought I could just re-install mySQL, but it has
crapped out ever since. I heard that you must install PhP AFTER mySQL, so I
deleted php and apache. still no good.

below is what happens when I do the make...

THE LAST GOOD LINE IS :

c++ -03 -DDBUG_OFF -fno-implicit-templates -rdynamic -o .libs/mysql mysql.o
read
ibmysql/.libs/libmysqlclient.so -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm
-Wl,
../libmysql/.libs/libmysql.so: undefined reference to 'mkstemp64'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [mysql] error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/apps/mysql-3.23.36/client'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
MAKE[1]: leaving directory '/apps/mysql-3.23.36'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

if I follow this with a make install, it craps out...

\/apps/ is where I keep all my applications before I run and install them...

please help, I have a presentation to do on Monday and this is the LAST
thing I needed !

in desparation,

Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]