I have created a setup program using Wise Windows Installer Professional 3.0
.
I also create a merge module. It can distribute mysql odbc driver
and set it installed ot target windows system  by using odbcinst.ini and
odbc ini and required
registry key.
My setup uses that merge module and distribute out
commercial software , mysqlserver , mysql client , myodbc with odbc2.5 and
3.0 support ,
creates a required dsn etc... by using just one install button :)
And it works perfect.

If anyone need this please mail me.
If i get too many mail i will put theese subject on our company web page.

Regards.
Yusuf Incekara
Avukatpro Limited Sirketi
http://www.avukatpro.com/mysql