Hello,

We're using MySQL on a small local area network with an average of 4
clients hitting the database with SELECTS, INSERTS and UPDATES.  We're
using a Win2K file server with UDMA/100/7200 HD's and 256 MB Ram.  Each
client is accessing the DB through MyODBC.  Actually it's a VB6 App using
the OLE DB Provider for ODBC as well, so the fact that we're getting the
speed we're getting says a lot about MySQL.

Anyway, I've asked this question before a couple of times, but have
received to replies and figure that I should just keep trying (I've looked
in the manual, but have not found specifics that I need).

I would like to know what would be a good basic setup for variables on the
server and what I should set them to given the application of MySQL that we
are using it in.  Number of MaxConnections, memory allocated for indexing,
etc. suggestions would be greatly appreciated so that I can have a good
starting point to experiment with.

ADV(Thanks)ANCE,
Lee Jenkins