I'm confused, and wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm running 2 virtual servers, let's say server1.domain.com and
server2.domain.com. These virtual servers sit on servers named host1.isp.com
and host2.isp.com respectively (I hope I haven't lost anyone yet).

I have a perl script, that lists the contents of a table in a database
stored on [EMAIL PROTECTED], and when I point the DSN to host=localhost,
all works fine.

Now I want the app to run on both virtual servers, so I modify the script on
server2.domain.com to have DSN=server1.domain.com.

I have granted all permissions required to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
user@"%.domain.com"
/and/
user@"%.isp.com"

Yet the script doesn't run. It doesn't say cannot connect (I do get that
error if I revoke all privs), but I get:

DBI->connect(database=DBNAME;host=HOSTNAME;port=143) failed: Lost connection
to MySQL server during query at /script/name line 26
Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at /script/name line 29.

I can connect to the database from server2 using:
mysql DBNAME -u USERNAME -h HOSTNAME -p
without problems.

I guess what I'm asking, to cut a long question short, is if anyone has any
idea what this error message means. Lost connection make me think it
authenticates, but then disconnects, however if I connect to localhost from
server1, it works fine.

One last thing, even if I "grant all to user@%" it won't run properly.

Hoping someone can help, and thanks in advance...

Ben