oliver>         After several sig 11 I compliled a --with-debug version and enabled
oliver>         debugging and logging. Mysqld crashed shortly after starting without
oliver>         trace (!) and then immediatly crashed again after restart.

oliver>         /sw/pkg/mysqldebug/3.23.36/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
oliver>         mysqld got signal 11;
oliver>         The manual section 'Debugging a MySQL server' tells you how to use a
oliver>         stack trace and/or the core file to produce a readable backtrace that
may
oliver>         help in finding out why mysqld died.
oliver>         010407 20:37:48  mysqld restarted
oliver>         __db_assert: "( &logp->dbentry[i].dblist)->tqh_first == ( dbp)"
failed: file "../.././bdb/dist/../log/log_rec.c", line 433
oliver>         010407 20:37:48  mysqld ended

>> How-To-Repeat:
oliver>         Compile mysql with --with-debug and --with-berkeley-db, use bdb tables
oliver>         and run mysqld with --debug --log

>> Fix:
oliver>         Dont do that :/

Actually, the above problem has nothing to do with debugging. The
problem is that you have got something bad in the BDB log files, which
BDB because of some strange reason can't resolve.

Fix:

Remove all filed of type 'log.0000xxx' from the MySQL data directory
and restart MySQL.

If you get this problem again, then where is what you should try to
do:

- Dump all BDB tables to text files.
- close down mysqld
- Remove all log files of the above format
- Move all BDB tables to some secure place (as a backup)
- Restart mysqld
- Read back the BDB tables.

If you get a crash, make a copy of log files and the bdb tables and
contact us;  We will help you make a bug report that we can send to
the Berkeley DB people to help sort this out;  They are very dedicated
in trying to find and fix any bugs in their recovery code.

Regards,
Monty