It depends on what version of MySQL you are running. MyISAM tables will
move across platforms fine, but ISAM tables will not. You could always
choose the failsafe and use mysqldump to dump the contents of your
database into a file, and then use that to reload the contents on the new
machine.

John Barton
Unix Systems Administrator
Primary Networks, Inc.