Hi
I'd successfully loaded a text file to a previously created table on my
localhost/server.  It all works fine.
I'm having trouble doing the same to a remote host.  I've checked the manual
for the syntax for --local, which is probably the problem.  I'm not allowed
to FTP the file to the remote's database server.

1.  I have to initially go through SSH to access the remote host server.
Fine, I get through to the shell prompt.
2.  I use username, password, and DB Name to access the remote server, which
I handle through the mysqlimport options OK.
3.  I understand the basic mysql syntax except for interpreting the --local
option :
shell>mysqlimport [options] database textfile1

How do I specify the --local option to tell the remote host where to find
the location of the textfile on my pc?
I've also placed a copy of textfile on the pc's d drive (outside subdirecs),
to reduce complications of forward/back slashes system differences.  Same
error code Errcode2, can't find file for table.  Do I need to specify
something else with --local, such as the Port Number?  I tried specifying
via the SSH port, but no go.

Some variations I've tried unsuccessfully include:
shell> mysqlimport ...etc... databaseName --local textfile1
shell> mysqlimport ...etc... databaseName --local "d:textfile1"
shell> mysqlimport ...etc... databaseName --local "d:\\subdir\\textfile1"
shell> mysqlimport ...etc... databaseName --local "d:subdir.textfile1"
shell> mysqlimport ...etc... databaseName --local "d:\subdir\textfile1"
shell> mysqlimport ...etc... databaseName --local "d:/subdir/textfile1"
shell> mysqlimport ...etc... databaseName --local -P xx
"d:\\subdir\\textfile1"

Can anyone help me with syntax to specify the --local option to tell the
remote host where to find the location of the textfile on my pc?  Cheers,
Lucy