I have a big performance problem with a database that has > 600 tables
in it. I have read trough the manual and tried tuning different
variables, like table_cache and so on, with no real solution to the
problem.

It's not really possible to split the data to different databases at
this point so I need some kind of solution (not a workaround (unless
it's real good one ;-)) to the problem.

The machine does have 768M of memory so creating big buffers shouldn't
be a problem but I just can seem to pinpoint the right one for some
reason.

The performance drop is quite dramatic. In a test with the same data
and table structure the query to one table in the database with five
tables versus 600 tables, the later one took 12 times longer.

I'm not on the list so if you have any additional questions or perhaps
some sort fo a solution, please CC me.

Thanks.

--
  Antti Kaipila <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>