On Thursday 12 April 2001 10:49, Ken Menzel wrote:
> We had a crash of MySQL this morning for some reason.  (Why who
> knows!)  The real problem was it would not restart until the log.*
> files were deleted.  It looks like it was trying to perform a recovery
> on a dropped database.  The server would not start.  This is not cool!
> We dropped the test database this morning,  when the mysqld crashs it
> normally restarts itself (safe_mysqld),  but because of the BDB errors
> it would not start.
>
> remove the BDB logs and it starts fine.
>
> Any ideas/comments?
>
> Ken
>
> Here is the tuvok.icarz.com error log snippet:
>
> <cut>
> 010412 11:15:39  Aborted connection 11994 to db: 'brtest' user:
> 'brtest' host: `
> netb-155.icarz.com' (Got an error reading communication packets)
> mysqld got signal 11;
> The manual section 'Debugging a MySQL server' tells you how to use a
> stack trace and/or the core file to produce a readable backtrace that
> may
> help in finding out why mysqld died.
> 010412 12:07:19  mysqld restarted
> 010412 12:07:43  bdb:  Recovery function for LSN 52 3669440 failed
> 010412 12:07:43  bdb:  warning: ./test/acc.db: No such file or
> directory
> 010412 12:07:43  bdb:  warning: ./test/cofile.db: No such file or
> directory
> mysqld in free(): warning: chunk is already free.
> 010412 12:07:43  Can't init databases
> 010412 12:07:43  mysqld ended

Looks like you found two bugs at once. The first one is that someone mysqld
segfaults, probably a bug in processing some query or possibly some OS issue,
but there is not much we can tell at this point - the only way to track it
down would be if you had full logging enabled and saved the last few queries
before the crash, and took a full snapshot of the database at the time of the
crash.

Second bug is that BDB could not recover after the crash - I hope you have
backed up the logs before you deleted them - we will need them to debug the
problem. If you still have them, upload them to
ftp://support.mysql.com/pub/mysql/secret/

--
MySQL Development Team