From: Michael Stassen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 August 2004 3:19 PM
To: Logan, David (SST - Adelaide)
Cc: MySQL List
Subject: Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE issue

Well, as you say, that error message means it's been disabled in either
the
client or the server.  You rebuilt the server from source with
--enable-local-infile, and the server says local-infile is ON.  You've
tried
turning it on in the client with --local-infile, but you haven't
mentioned
whether the client was built with --enable-local-infile.  I'm not sure
the
command line switch does any good if local-infile was disabled at build
time.  So, did you build the client with --enable-local-infile?

Michael

Logan, David (SST - Adelaide) wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks. I rechecked things but
>
> porkribs /u2/lcscreative/sql_scripts $ mysql --local-infile -u davidl
-p
> <make_web_tables.sql
> Enter password:
> ERROR 1148 at line 46: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL
> version
>
> Still a most unhappy camper. I had to resort to placing the file on
the
> server, owned and group mysql in the datadir before it would work.
Even