You can use mysqld_multi to run different versions of MySQL on the same
Server. You can run 4.0.x, 4.1.x and 5.0.x and manage these with
mysqld_multi.

-----Original Message-----
From: sean c peters
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 8/9/04 4:43 PM
Subject: mysqld_multi & different server versions

In my ongoing quest to get upgraded to 4.1.3 beta (yes the version I'm
upgrading to keeps changing), i have been reading about mysqld_multi to
manage multiple server instances on the same machine.

But, from what i've read, it appears that this is for running multiple
instances of the same server version on one box. Same binary anyway. I
say
this because all the examples show as varying are the socket, port,
pid-file,
datadir, language, and user.
The [mysqld_multi] directive for my.cnf points mysqld at a particular
mysqld_safe, which would imply that all the instances would use the same

server.

So am i correct in thinking that i wont be able to use mysqld_multi for
running two different server versions? This shouldn't be a problem, I
dont
think i'll need it. Just wanted to check if im missing something.

thanks
sean peters
[EMAIL PROTECTED]