I have a table design question, looking for tips, not the exact sql to
create the tables.

I have tried several solutions, and as yet, I don't like what I am
coming up with. So if someone could help me, I would be grateful.

Assumptions:

<email_address>'s have several types, defined by a separate table:
        home
        work
        personal business
        website_admin
        mobile
        emergency
        other
A <user> must have 1 <email_address> of any type, for account creation
and messages.
        <login_name>
        <password>
A <user> may  have many  <email_address>, only one of each type, as
desired/needed
A <user> may  use an <email_address>, already being used, for account
creation,
        but must use different login name/password. Message emails will
have to
be
        viewed online/downloaded after a login).
        (for multiple accounts off of one email address, especially for
children)

The biggest problem seems to be structuring the tables to force the
requirement for at least ONE email address, but not having to create
lots of empty fields.

                Sincerely,

                Dennis Gearon.