It would probably be better to post this to the Lasso
discussion list at Blueworld.com as for Lasso, this
will require you to use tags but it's been ages since
I coded with Lasso (3.6 and FileMaker.  :)  and I
can't recall/never knew, the tag modifications.

Good luck
--- maggie chloe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am new to Lasso and My SQL, but I have a pretty
> basic question on
> searching a text field using Keywords.  I think I am
> missing something
> easy.
> I have a MySql database and am using Lasso 7.  The
> user enters search
> information on a form on a search.lasso page and an
> inline search is
> then run on a results.lasso page.  I want to parse
> out what the user
> enters and search the text field and retrieve only
> those records that
> contain each word of the search.
> For example: Where field is 'NAME'
> Record 1 contains 'John Michael Smith'
> Record 2 contain 'John Adams'
> Record 3 conains 'John Smith'
> Record 4 contains 'Michael Smith'
>
> If the user searches the field by typing 'John
> Smith' his found set
> should contain Record 1 and Record 3 only.
> How do I accomplish this?
> This is the inline that I'm using.

[Inline:(Action_Params),-Search,-database='DATABASE',-

Layout='CONTACTS',-Operator='ft','NAME'=(Action_Param:'NAME')]

> Thanks for your help,
> David
>

> --

=====