Karam Chand wrote:

i have a table with a LONGBLOB column. We store some
small images in it. I want to export them in XML
format with schema like:

<c>data</c>
<c>data</c>

Now the problem is even if I mysql_real_escape() and
changing entities like <,> to &lt; & &gt; the data
some of the characters are of ascii value 12,13 etc.
None of the XML parsers are able to recognise it and
they throw up error? I googled but couldnt find a
refernce on how to handle such characters in XML.

This doesn't have anything to do with MySQL. XML isn't really designed for
directly containing binary data, so people generally use Base64 encoding (or
occasionally some other method of encoding binary data in ASCII). The XML
parser isn't going to be able to return the raw binary data -- you'll have to
decode it.

--
Keith Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Washington, DC