Bump....

Mysql 4, this has been bothering me for some time now...

I made a mailing list archiver, I "thread" discussions by subject.  I chose
to not use message-id's since so many people hijack threads.  In most cases,
I ORDER BY id, which is simply a auto-inc that is set as they come in, in
order via email.

Occasionally, messages will be out of order due to email delivery issues.  I
tried date stamping them, but users clocks are so messed up that never
panned out :-)

Given this case:

Subject                         ID
RE: Order by with one exception     1
RE: Order by with one exception     2
RE: Order by with one exception     3
Order by with one exception         4
RE: Order by with one exception     5
RE: Order by with one exception     6
RE: Order by with one exception     7

As you can see, these are in correct order, but in this case, I want to push
the one without the Re: to the top.  I can not just order by subject, id,
since not a subject could start with a letter after "R".  Suggestions?