Hi,
Everybody.

        It's simple question. But i am in confusion. I have table with
huge number of records but only 3 columns (suppose col1, col2, col3). col1
is primary key and I have created the Index on the column (i.e. col2)
which is not a primary key.
        Problem
        1) is that will it make  any difference in performance while
searching the record on col2 with above scenario.
        2) other problem is that is it necessary to recreate the index on
col2 whenever new records are added to table. is it true that mysql will
recreate the index         for that column by itself with a new records
added or deleted.

With Best Regards.

From:
Smitesh S. Damdoo