You need to join the employee table twice, once for each id lookup, like this:

  SELECT es.name AS sales_name, em.name AS marketing_name, leads.id
  FROM leads JOIN employee es ON leads.salesid = es.id
             JOIN employee em ON leads.marketingid = em.id;

Michael

Michael J. Pawlowsky wrote:

Im not sure if this is possible or not.

I have a  Sales leads table.
Part of the table has 2 employee_ids.

1. The Sales person the lead is assigned to.
2. The Marketing person that generated the lead.

Then there is a employee table that has ids and names.
When generating a report for leads I would like to lookup the name of the employee.
I know I can do it with a seperate query, but I'm wondering if I can also do it in one query.

Something like:

SELECT employee.name as sales_name, employee.name as marketing_name, leads.id
FROM leads, employee
WHERE employee.id = leads.salesid
AND employee.id = leads.marketingid

Is there someway this can be done?