From: Paul Stearns [EMAIL PROTECTED];]
Sent: 8/15/2004 6:01:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ASP Connection to Mysql fails

I have an ASP application running on a server with a mysql DB, everything works great.
I connect using localhost, no problems.

I have a second mysql DB on another server. I connect to it via the odbc Data Source
Administrator from the web server with no problems.

When I try to connect from an ASP script from the web server using the following;

=========
Set connMailServer = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

ConnectString = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; SERVER=myserver.com; USER=root;
PASSWORD=rootPW; DATABASE=myDB; PORT:3307; OPTION=35;"

IntDebug=connMailServer.Open(ConnectString)
=========

The server, user, password, database and port are what I used in the odbc Data Source
Administrator. Remember I can connect to my local DB from ASP.

I receive the following error;

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'myserver.com' (10061)

=========

The environment is w2k server on both computers. The MYSql version on remote server is
4.0.17.

I'm so confused...

Paul