First: please don't hijack threads... And don't quote them completely
if you do.

>          I am new to MySql. Could you please let me know the different
migration tools avialable for the migration of oracle 7.3 database to mysql
4.0 classic version.

You could try the Schema Migrator tool in Database Workbench
( www.upscene.com ) - it supports ADO and ODBC connectivity
to MySQL. Might not be perfect, but sure gives you a good start.

>Out of those which one is the best in performance and cost wise. As per my
knowledge views, stored procedures and triggers are not supported in MySql
4.0. Is it correct?.

That is correct. Add to that: no CHECK constraints either.
Foreign Key Constraints and transactions are only supported with
the InnoDB storage engine - read about that in the documentation.

If so, what are all the alternatives for converting the views, stored
procedures and triggers in oracle 7.3 to MySql 4.0. I will be very happy for
giving me a very good explanation on this.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions