I've been using it since 4.1.0 was released.  Works great for me.  Wouldn't
use 4.0 or 3.x because it's missing so many features that 4.1 has.  And we
have servers that use 4.0.x and 3.x and everytime I have to deal with them I
cringe.

We have one mysql server pushing over 3500 queries/second right now using
4.1.3.  And about 15 others running 4.1.x.  So in my opinion it's stable.

Does it have bugs?  Yes, but so does 3.x and 4.0.x.  So does, php, apache,
perl, windows?  But are the bug's usually off the wall bugs, yes.  But even
if you find a bug with 4.1.x, usually there are other ways to do solve the
problem anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

Donny