All:

I would like to run the "check table <tablename> medium" statement on a
regular basis.  We use InnoDB exclusively (go Heikki!).

My problem is that the documentation seems to indicate the data can be
changed.  I am specifically referring to this phrase in the docs: So, these
are my questions:

        "Note: In some cases, CHECK TABLE will change the table! This
happens
        if the table is marked as ``corrupted'' or ``not closed properly''
but
        CHECK TABLE doesn't find any problems in the table. In this case,
        CHECK TABLE marks the table as okay."

1.  What causes this statement to change data?   I think what is being said
is that if, during the check, the table is found to be corrupt or not closed
properly, it will be changed.  This leads to the next question:
2.  What are the nature of the changes to the data?
3.  What information do I get about data that has changed from the server?
4.  The doc is unclear about what is performed for InnoDB specifically.  I
am assuming it the same operation as for MyISAM but would like to have this
clarified.

Best Regards,
Boyd E. Hemphill
MySQL Certified Professional