Stuart, why not change your select statement (assuming it is correct and
actually works, in and of itself) to give the date-formatted field an
alias:

SELECT
LFWJobBank.JobReferenceCode,DATE_FORMAT(LFWJobBank.Entered,'%m/%d/%Y') AS
date_entered,
LFWJobBank.DazeLeft, LFWJobBank.JobTitle
FROM LFWJobBank
WHERE VendorID = colname

Then your php code should change to grab 'date_entered' (probably without
having to format it once again). I don't use PHP that often, so I'm not
sure of the right syntax myself - let someone else comment on that!

But I do remember it is useful in testing to have php output the full
SQL query text to the browser, just so you can see it is correct before
proceeding.

Cheers
Terry