MYSQL

I am trying to create tables that will be used in merge definition.  The
merge seems to be very strict in the definition of like tables.  So I tried
to use the "create table y select * from x;"  but it does not create the
indexes in the new table.     I did copy the x.frm to y.frm and all seem
ok.   Is there a better way  to do this?

When I created the original 150 tables I used a perl program that generated
all the like tables,  now I am faced with setting up another 15 tables and
was trying to get out of writing another perl program.