I am building a search feature with Cold Fusion and need to have similar
string matches included in the search results. I have a search form field
called hsname. I am trying to use the SOUNDEX function in my query like
this:
SELECT *
FROM accounts
WHERE SOUNDEX(hsname) = SOUNDEX('#form.hsname#')

If I enter Eisen into the search field, it should return one record if
SOUNDEX is working right. However, it doesn't return any records. If I hard
code Eisen into the search query like this (instead of the variable):

WHERE SOUNDEX(hsname) = SOUNDEX('Eisen')

SOUNDEX works as it should. Is there a problem with my SQL syntax? Or does
it not work with variables?

Thanks