You can use LIMIT.  For the 123rd position:

  SELECT PartNumber, Qty
  FROM your table
  ORDER BY Qty DESC
  LIMIT 122, 1;

With 2 arguments, LIMIT treats the first as the offset to the starting row (0 => first row, so 122 => position 123) and the second as the number of rows to show.

This is documented in the manual <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/SELECT.html>.

Michael

C.F. Scheidecker Antunes wrote:

Hello All,

I have a table that has a PartNumber and the Quantity of Items sold for each partNumber, that is:

PartNumber
Qty

I need to get its sales raking given its PartNumber, that is. So if I order the table by Qty in descending order the first
record will be the partNumber that sold the most. If I want to know what is 123 ranking position according to that.

Is there any easy way to do it?

Thanks in advance.