Hello,

today one of our caching nameservers failed. Although a second nameserver was listed in /etc/resolf.conf and mysqld was started with --skip-name-resolv, mysql struggled and took very long to accept new connections. It's obvious, that mysql is doing reverse-dns lookups against what configured him to do. All entries in the Host table contain % instead of ip-addresses. But that shouldn't be a reason. With % I mean: Any ip-address. Mysql seems to think: Any hostname, so resolv the hostname from the ip-address first. How can I completely prevent mysql from looking up hosts? I definetely can't define every ip-address because it really can be _any_.

Regards
Marten