On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:57:42 +0100, A Z wrote:

> An existing database table structures has changed, I
> want to create the same database with new table
> structures.  I do not want to lose any data.
>
> How can I do this? do a backup how?

  Sure..  There are several ways to accomplish this.

 1. Create new tables under a new user. Copy data from
  olduser.tablename to newuser.tablename.

 2. Export data, and reload data.

 3.  (for some type of changes) Alter table

 4. Dump the table   username.dmp.   Alter the file to the new schema,
 manipulate sql insert statement to convert the data. [make sure that you
 keep a clean copy of the original data.]   source  the dump file
  "\.   username.dmp "

   and of course there are many varations on a theme.

  you are only limited by your imagination (and time...and money...)