Right, I have set up some tables with text columns that will need full text searching,
In those cases I chose myisam.
Is there any danger in changing table types on the fly ? Not including the loss of any
foreign keys that may have been set up (innodb to myisam). I'm wondering more about
data corruption ?

Stuart

Joe Audette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
InnoDb doesn't support full text indexes on text columns so if you need to search text
fields you may want ot use MyISAM. It is perfectly ok to have a mixture of InnoDB and
MyISAM in a single database so you can make your decision on a table by table basis.

Joe

Stuart Felenstein wrote:
I know the major differences between Innodb and MyIsam.
-table locking versus row locks
-foreign key support

I know there are more but those are the ones that stick out in mind.
I think Innodb requires a bit more storage space but I could be wrong.
In some cases foreign key support would be a nice thing. So my questions are:
What is the ultimate criteria for choosing Innodb. And, if I just want it because I
like to have the luxary of foreign key / cascading etc, is that reason enough to use
them.

Stuart

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.joeaudette.com