Something else to check out is Stunnel.  It creates SSL tunnels between hosts
without requiring logins (basically port redirection).  Also, MySQL has built
in SSL now, so you might want to look at that.

j----- k-----

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 08:10 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said something like:
> Something else I have done in the past was to use Cygwin to create an SSH
> session with the remote computer and use the remote computer's MySQL
> client/tools.
>
> If you are used to working in a "Terminal Server" session (I think they
> now call it "Remote Desktop Connectivity") it will feel very familiar.  I
> also fiddled around with Cygwin long enough and hard enough (translate: I
> spent lots of time reading groups and docs and experimenting) to enable me
> to create local X windows so that I could run a full GUI shell (GNOME or
> KDE, I can't remember) remotely. Please don't ask me how I got it all set
> up as I only did it once and it was a long while ago. I know it's possible
> because I did it and it worked well for my situation.
>
> FWIW,
> Shawn Green
> Database Administrator
> Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine
>
> "Paul Maine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 08/24/2004 12:03:19 PM:
> > I need to connect to a remote MySQL database from a PC using SSL. I
>
> would
>
> > prefer to connect using perl DBD. Does anyone have a suggestion how I
>
> can
>
> > accomplish this task or an alternative solution?
> >
> > Thank You
> >

> > --

Joshua J. Kugler -- Fairbanks, Alaska -- ICQ#:13706295
Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, in heaven, on earth, and under
the earth, that Jesus Christ is LORD -- Count on it!