From: "Simon Abolnar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2001 4:46 AM
Subject: ADO RS.Update problem

Hello!

I am using mysql with VB ADO under Windows 2000 Proffesional.
I add data with:

RS.Open "Query WHERE 0=1", Cn, , , adCmdText
RS.AddNew
RS.Fields(Cols).Value = xx
RS.Update

After RS.Update RS.Fields(Cols).Value is NULL.
If I use Access database, RS.Fields(Cols).Value has value of last inserted
record.

Would you like to tell me, why mysql works in different way and how to solve
this problem to have compatible solution for mysql and Access?

Thanks all!

Simon