One way to get started on this is to record a macro in PowerPoint where you
are adding a textbox with some text in it to a slide

I tried this and this was the code (VBA)

ActiveWindow.Selection.SlideRange.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHorizo
ntal, 72#, 120#, 540#, 36#).Select
    ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange.TextFrame.WordWrap = msoTrue

ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange.TextFrame.TextRange.Characters(Start:=1,
Length:=0).Select
    With ActiveWindow.Selection.TextRange
        .Text = "Some Song Title"
        With .Font
            .Name = "Times New Roman"
            .Size = 24
            .Bold = msoFalse
            .Italic = msoFalse
            .Underline = msoFalse
            .Shadow = msoFalse
            .Emboss = msoFalse
            .BaselineOffset = 0
            .AutoRotateNumbers = msoFalse
            .Color.SchemeColor = ppForeground
        End With
    End With
    ActiveWindow.Selection.Unselect

Basically what you have here is the base code to add a textbox to a blank
slide, position it and add some text to it. Where the text is being added,
you read data from your database and output that text.

I am assuming there is going to be some standard format to all the
presentations, the only change being the text displayed. You can have the
slides created with the textboxes and simply set the text based on some
initial selection from the user (song name or some such).

This is not a complete solution to your problem but should point you to the
right direction.

Start of simple first. Forget about reading from a database for the moment.
First get dynamic slides created. Once you have that working move on to
retrieving the text from the database and displaying on trhe slides.

Navin