Is anyone using the new prepared statements C API in MySQL 4.1.3 with
success?  I see a number of people having issues - I'd like to hear about
someone (anyone) actually using them successfully (platforms, compilers,
issues, un-documented/mis-documented usage, etc.).  I haven't been able to
get it working (Sparc Solaris 9, 32 bit, binary-max 4.1.3beta).

For me, it's one of the compelling reasons to upgrade, but I have yet to see
it work, and given 4.1 is already to beta, I'm surprised by how problematic
it seems to be at this point.

If you've had success, please share.

Thx,