Can you check the client version and server version from c api?
you can copy & paste it from (ehem)
http://www.geocities.com/jahan.geo/mysql_c_by_example.html

VY wrote:

Hi,

 For some reason, all my sql queries fail with a 1064;
These were all working under mysql-4.0 but had to
upgrade to 4.1 so i could use nested subqueries....

i have attached a simple 10 line c-code as proof of
concept.  Obviously there is nothing wrong with the
query...

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <mysql.h>
static MYSQL handle;
int main() {
char query[1500];
int c;
mysql_init(&handle);
if (!mysql_real_connect(&handle, "localhost",
"mysql", "mysql", "honey_db", 0, NULL, 0)) {
fprintf(stderr, "connect failed %s\n",
mysql_error(&handle));
exit(1);
}
sprintf(query, "select * from test");
printf("%s\n", query);
c = mysql_real_query(&handle, query,
strlen(query)+500);
if (c)
{
printf("query failed...%d %d\n", c,
mysql_errno(&handle));
printf(mysql_error(&handle));
}
}

The output is as follows (the first two lines are my debug output)

select * from test query failed...1 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the

manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1:

I have tried both FreeBSD mysql-standard-4.1.3-beta-unknown-freebsd4.7-i386
and the linux-4.1.3 rpm with identical results.

Please let me know what im doing wrong....  The table
"test" exists in honey_db and is accessible by the
mysql user.

Thanks!

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

--