Hi all,

    Last week I got this message below..

040829 19:38:43  Slave SQL thread: I/O error reading event(errno: -1
cur_log->e
rror: 11)/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '4.0.18-standard-log'  socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'  port: 3306

040829 19:38:43  Error reading relay log event: Aborting slave SQL thread
becaus
e of partial event read
040829 19:38:43  Slave: Could not parse relay log event entry. The possible
reas
ons are: the master's binary log is corrupted (you can check this by running
'my
sqlbinlog' on the binary log), the slave's relay log is corrupted (you can
check
 this by running 'mysqlbinlog' on the relay log), a network problem, or a
bug in
 the master's or slave's MySQL code. If you want to check the master's
binary lo
g or slave's relay log, you will be able to know their names by issuing
'SHOW SL
AVE STATUS' on this slave. Error_code: 0
040829 19:38:43  Error running query, slave SQL thread aborted. Fix the
problem,
 and restart the slave SQL thread with "SLAVE START". We stopped at log
'www-bin
.005' position 633703721

I have 2 mysql daemons running in slave mode and I got his message on only
one of them. So I thought that the corruption was based on the relay.. So
What I did was to "CHANGE MASTER TO" an after possition that the problem
occur. So I tried some values but nothing changed. So As a solution I shut
down the master (I was not willing to do this but I had to) and take a
snapshot and rebuild the master again.. Ans started the slave from the new
master binary log created.. So this solved my problem but Actually What
should I do in a situation like this if it happens again?

Best Regards,
Cemal Dalar a.k.a Jimmy
System Administrator & Web Developer
http://www.dalar.net