Wow!  That works.  Thanks a bunch!  While we're at it, I have one more
hang-up:

Is there a (DISTINCT?) statement that will select the distinct folder
path(s) of every entry in the table?

For instance, if I have three files:

"/Volumes/External HD/aFolder/aFile.pdf"
"/Volumes/External HD/aFolder/anotherFile.pdf"
"/Volumes/External HD/aFolder/aChildFolder/aThirdFile.pdf"

the query would return:

"/Volumes/External HD/aFolder/"
"/Volumes/External HD/aFolder/aChildFolder/"

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

John

on 9/1/04 8:03 PM, Michael Kruckenberg at [EMAIL PROTECTED]