  From: Stuart Felenstein
  To: Rhino ; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 12:05 PM
  Subject: Re: After I went searching

  Yep, understand about the 0 and checked the code no
  -1's.  All is weird, but here is a situation that in
  the back of my mind I keep thinking maybe I need a
  many to many.  The problem is I "again" can't quite
  conceptualize it.  If I'm making a rehash again , I
  really apologize.
  Here is the situation:

  I have a table that hold resumes , each member can
  store 3 resumes.
  the table:
  ResTable(myisam)
  AndNextID - (auto inc) just really a counter and PK
  MemberID -
  Resume Title -
  Resume -

  So if they hit their three a trigger which does a
  count on their records by their ID returns an error
  message.
  The problem I'm running into now is on updating.  I'm
  really trying not to confuse app logic and mechanics
  with the database. So I'll cut to the quick.

  ResTable1
  .......(same fields as above)
  ResTable2
  ........(yadda yadda)

  Member_ResTable
  Member (well actually not sure what would be in here)

  Shawn, if your out there - I'm not ignoring your
  advice to stave off the coding for now , concentrate
  on the db design. I just haven't come to grips with it
  yet! LOL

  Stuart

  Would there be a benefit in a: