Hi all,

I have installed Server, Client, Benhcmark, Share, Embeded and Compact-Share RPMs
version 4.1 on a Fedora2 system. The have been installed successfully but when I type:

Shell> mysql -u root

it says that it can not open socket and I think it is because mysqld is not alive.
When I type:

Shell> mysqld

it returns a fatal error and refers me to Security notes about installation. Also, I
thought that an user account which name is mysql should be created automatically when
RPMs are installed, but there is no user account with name mysql !!! Please help me to
fix the problem and install mysql on my linux system.

Regards,

Danesh Daroui