hello everyone,

i have problem running mysqld with particular charset and collation, i test two cases:

I use mysql-4.1.3-beta , and Fedora Core 2 for my tests

1)
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-charset=utf8
--with-collation=utf8_turkish_ci
make;make install ;
in this case mysql_install_db doesn't create tables and grants fopr them.I couldn't
solve the problem, this happens just in the case i configure mysql with commands
"--with-charset=utf8 --with-collation=utf8_turkish_ci"

2)
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
make;make install;mysql_install_db --user=mysql ; ...
mysqld --default-character-set=utf8 --default-collation=utf8_turkish_ci

but it doesn't change the mysql charset because in mysql command i run:
mysql>\s
server-charset=latin1_swedish_ci
client-charset=latin1_swedish_ci
(no change in default charset and collation)

appreciation for any help;
regards