Hi all,

Let me first say i am new to this list, but i did search all the
internet for an answer for my problems.

I have the following situation:

OpenBSD 3.4 with Mysql 4.0.20 (It does not matter which version, the
problem is on all)

There is a forum running on this machine dedicated, (2,6 Ghz 1GB
internal mem)

The forum runs quick until somebody searches the forum, the process list
shows a item which has the: Copying to tmp table state

This takes ages, at least 200 seconds

I tested with all kinds of config in my.cnf but nothing seems to help at
all..

Now i moved the DB over to a Redhad Linux and MySQL 3.23.54, and the
same search takes about 2 seconds !!

this is a few 1000% faster then the openBSD machine.

I allready tried making the config of the OpenBSD machine the same as
the one from the linux machine but even that does not help..

I figure the must be something really wrong with the combination of
OpenBSD and Mysql..

Anyone here have any qlue ?

Thanx in advance for all help..

Richard