At 16:30 -0700 9-09-2004, Mauricio Pellegrini wrote:
Hi,

Sorry to ask this in here. If it's not the right place please ignore the
post.

I want to know if someone could claim a license upon an application wich
was developed using Php and a non-commercially-licensed copy of MySql.

I mean, the application is designed to work only with MySql as database
engine and the MySql package delivered with the application, is licensed
under GPL.

Could the developer claim License rights upon the use of such a
combination ?

Thanks
Mauricio

Yes
GPL said that the source code must be delivered with the application (or it is available as FTP, mail, ...).
The user can distribute the application without asking for a fee.
About two years ago I read a FAQ that asserts about a moderate costs.
The license is more restrictive about copyright and distribution but it doesn't contain any money issue.
If you have some question you can write to gnu.org or you can report an abuse.
See http://www.gnu.org

Santino