From: Dathan Vance Pattishall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 2:49 PM
To: Tucker, Gabriel; 'Mysql General (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: Innodb Message "Lock wait timeout exceeded; Try restarting
transaction"

Basically the application can get this message because another process has a
lock on the rows that the delete needs to cover for a time period then your
lock_wait_timeout. Is there some cron process? Is the table index properly?
What your average query transaction?

Active your slow query log to see what queries are taking a long time to
execute and are covering many rows-look for table scans.

DVP
----
Dathan Vance Pattishall     http://www.friendster.com