Well, it does not sound to be a problem with the MySQL server if you get a good response from other computers but just not the microcontroller.
As far as improving the performance of MySQL is concerned, check the MySQL docs and tons of info when you search google.
- Aman

Jonas Fischer wrote:

Hello

When I am connecting to mysql server with another
computer I have no problems. But connecting with a
microcontroller the mysql server is sending the
response very slow. And it is getting slower and
slower. Right now the only way I found is to enlage
the timeout of the microcontrollers so that they will
receive the response of the server. How can I make the
servers response faster?

Thank you very much

Jonas